Concern has grown for Rangers' scheduled trip to Dens Park next week after Dundee responded to claims their match against Motherwell could be moved to a different stadium.

Philippe Clement's side are due to face Dundee on Wednesday, April 10 after the match was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch last month. 

However, fresh fears for the match have been sparked this morning after claims Dundee could be forced to find alternative arrangements for their match on Saturday against Motherwell.

It was reported Dundee chiefs could face a late scramble to source an alternative stadium solution should the pitch at Dens Park be deemed unplayable - the club branded reports as "very much media speculation".

But, heavy rainfall in Dundee has caused concern for supporters of another call-off - or the potential for the match to be moved to a different venue dependent on this weekend and any further impact on the pitch.

As it stands, Dundee chiefs are planning for the match against Motherwell to go ahead as planned - but a further update on the situation will be communicated later on Thursday.

The reason for a stadium switch would be down to fixture congestion ahead of the Scottish Premiership split. The match could not be postponed for a later dare with no calendar space and the requirement for the top and bottom six to be finalised.

READ MORE: Dundee respond to claims Motherwell match could be moved stadium

A Dundee club statement read: "Dundee Football Club want to respond to media speculation regarding the club being forced to move Saturday’s match against Motherwell away from the Scot Foam Stadium.

"The club want to clarify the situation regarding this.

"As we all know there has been heavy rainfall in the Dundee area since the start of the week. The club have had a full grounds team along with consultants working on the pitch since the postponement of the Rangers match along with all the associated machinery and this will continue right up until Saturday. Rain covers will then be put down covering the whole pitch.

"The club are doing absolutely everything in its power to get Saturday’s match on and is expecting Saturday’s match to go ahead as planned.

"The club are in regular discussions with the league but no decision to move the match away from the Scot Foam Stadium has been made.

"The stories circulating in the media are very much media speculation. The club will provide another update to supporters later on today."